Seeing your digital devices not working unlocks a whole new level of anxiety. Your computer not booting up like it usually does indicates a problem with your power button. Like most digital devices, laptops tend to deteriorate with time.
So when you encounter a not working power button, don’t be thrilled.
Here you will be learning how to turn on Asus laptop without a power button. Once you turn on the Asus laptop, you can search for bios settings to turn off airplane mode on dell laptop.
Don’t worry because we are here for your rescue with our 7 step-by-step methods. So without any further delay, let’s get started.
- How To Turn On Asus Laptop Without A Power Button:
- 7 Step By Step Methods To How To Turn On Laptop Without Power Button:
- 1. By Using a Keyboard:
- 2. By Using The Motherboard
- 3. Clock Battery Method:
- 4. How to Turn on Hp Laptop without power button by Using wall socket.
- 5. How to Turn on the Laptop without a power button by using the Laptop Lid:
- 6. Using Wake-On LAN to Turn On The Laptop:
- 7. Installing A New Power Button.
How To Turn On Asus Laptop Without A Power Button:
Reasons Why The Laptop Is Not Turning On?
Turning the life and finding out that your laptop is not turning in might be the most stressful thing. So the first and most important thing to do is stay calm and not panic.
Check your laptop properly and make sure that the power connector and battery are connected. The power supply might be the only reason that your laptop is not turning on.
However, on pressing the power button if your laptop for not boot up, you probably have damaged RAM, power supply, battery, motherboard, or video card.
Here are 7 Methods to help you learn how to turn on a laptop without the power button.
7 Step By Step Methods To How To Turn On Laptop Without Power Button:
1. By Using a Keyboard:
You must enable the laptop’s BIOS (Basic Input/Output System). It serves as a backup power button if you suffer from a power button issue in the future.
The following steps demonstrate how to turn on laptop without power button by using a keyboard . These steps will only work on Windows 10. This method is more like a preventive measure.
- Press the “F2”, “F10”, or “DEL” special key to access the BIOS when you boot up the laptop.
- Next, you must look for the power management settings. These will differ according to the manufacturer. You can find something similar like “power on by keyboard.”
- Save the backup power keys after configuring them.
- Now to test if the new settings work, shut down your computer. Try switching it on by BIOS.
2. By Using The Motherboard
This method works perfectly on every type of computer. Even if you are looking at how to turn on hp laptop without power button, this procedure will work on that too.
- First of all, Unplug the charging cable.
- Next, Locate the broken power button by opening the laptop case.
- Simply Remove the power button.
- Now look for the 3 to 6 pins under the button.
- After this, you must short circuit pins 1 and 3 by using any available conductor like a screwdriver. You can also connect the pins with a wire.
- Wait until your laptop turns on.
Keep one point in mind. Technicians always strongly forbid this method. And they are not wrong to do so because it causes significant harm to the motherboard.
3. Clock Battery Method:
The following solution on how to turn on Asus laptop without a power button is by using a clock battery method. You must know that this method requires high technical skills. If you want to perform this process, you must be cautious at each step.
- Look for the battery cable in the motherboard. Keep in mind the difference between a battery cable and a charging cable.
- Now simply disconnect the clock battery from the motherboard.
With this technique, you can quickly power up your laptop once connected with a power source. But one drawback here is that your computer will be back to factory settings.
How to turn on the laptop without a power button, you asked. Well, here we are, by far the most efficient solution to your problem.
This method works best for Dell, Toshiba, ASUS, Acer, Lenovo, and HP laptops. Perhaps the best way to avoid short-circuiting the computer without a power button.
- Find the cable that connects the power button to the motherboard. Now disconnect it.
- Dislocate the laptop battery.
- Connect the laptop to a wall socket to turn it on.
- If you want to unplug the laptop from the power socket, first Replace its battery.
Some laptops require the configuration of BIOS for turning on.
Once the laptop lid is down, it usually tends to go to sleep mode. But you can make some changes in the settings to turn the laptop on/off with the lid.
- Press the “F2”, “F10”, or “DEL” keys to Enable BIOS when you start the laptop.
- Now, go to “Power management.
- Simply modify the settings under “power on with open lid.”
6. Using Wake-On LAN to Turn On The Laptop:
Yet another preventive and effective measure if your power button starts to act up.
Follow these easy steps to turn on your laptop without any issue. It is a perfect way to boot up your laptop remotely.
- Press the “F2”, “F10”, or “DEL” keys to enter BIOS once you start your computer.
- Go to “power management.
- Then enable Wake-on-LAN and set the preferred keys for turning on your laptop.
- Save all the settings and reboot.
If you want this method to work perfectly, then you must configure your network card on another laptop or PC.
To do this, you should,
- First, open the “Device Manager.”
- Now access “Network Adapter.” select “Properties.”
- Afterward, enter “Power Management,” there select “Allow this device to wake the computer.”
- Go to “Advanced” and enable “Wake on the magic packet.”
This method is a piece of cake for all Mac users.
- On your device, open “System Preferences.”
- Now enter the “Energy Saver” and tick “Wake for network access.”
- Check your router configuration for WOL settings.
- If you don’t find the WOL setting, you must set up your port forwarding settings or download DNS service on your mobile phone.
7. Installing A New Power Button.
Despite these simple techniques on how to turn on your laptop without the power button, you can also consider installing a new power button. So here is a simple step-by-step guide.
- The first step would be to remove the battery and the Ac adaptor of your laptop.
- Now carefully eliminate the Hard Drive and the RAM.
- Separate the keyboard bezel and remove the keypads.
- Look for the power switch by removing the frame.
- Insert the new switch by removing the damaged one.
That’s it you are done. Now reassemble your laptop, and you are good to go.
Yes, you can turn on the laptop by touching the keyboard itself. Use F2, F10 or the DEL key.
How do I turn on my ASUS laptop when it is not turning on?
Try to reset the laptop by reinstalling the battery. Also, Press the power button for 40 seconds.
Our pursuit of how to turn on the Asus laptop without a power button has come to an end. We can assure you that none of these methods will disappoint.
Just dont forget to be careful when performing any of them because a single mistake might cost you alot. Is the article how to turn on Asus laptop without a power button helpful?
Hey! This is Sahil Khan; I have been exploring laptops & technology for a couple of years. I share my tech-related expertise and personal experience with the audience. Whether it is about a system-related issue/ query, or having the right model on your table, what your budget allows you to have, my website covers all the facts perfectly!
I would love to connect with you all on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Don’t hesitate to reach me on social media for any sort of query or information.