Can’t find your laptop’s CD/DVD drive? No problem! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to install software on a laptop without CD drive.
We’ll also provide some tips for finding software online. So don’t worry – you can still get the programs you need to be installed on your computer. Let’s get started.
When looking for software to download, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, Make sure the program is compatible with your computer’s operating system.
Second, Check the system requirements to make sure your computer can handle the program.
Third, Be careful of fake or malicious software. To avoid downloading malware, only download programs from reputable sources.
Finally, Always read the terms and conditions before installing any software.
5 Easy Ways Of How To Install Software On A Laptop Without Cd Drive:
1: Download Programs Online.
Use a cloud based program installer. These installers allow you to install programs without having to download and install the software on your computer. They work by streaming the program files over the internet to your computer.
2: By Using An External CD Drive:
The most efficient alternative for the absence of a CD or DVD drive is an external CD drive. Just put it inside the USB port of your computer, and you are on the way to go.
You can find plug-and-play external drives and some that can be installed via a driver. Follow the manufacturer manual’s instructions before installing the external drive if it requires a driver.
Now that you have installed the external drive insert the software CD of the program.
Wait until the external drives read the CD. See if it shows up in “my computer.” Continue the process by software installation. When you click on the CD drive, you will come along with an installation wizard whose sole duty is to guide you towards the whole process.
3: Download Software Using ISO File.
- An ISO file is a disk image that can be used to install software or create a backup copy of your software. It’s a good option if you don’t have a CD drive because you can install the software from the ISO file without having to burn it to a CD.
- To download a program as an ISO file, first, find the program’s website. Then, look for the “Downloads” or “Software” section of the website. Once you’ve found the ISO file, download it to your computer.
- Next, open File Explorer and locate the ISO file. Double-click on the ISO file to open it. This will launch the ISO file’s contents in a new window.
- Now, locate the setup file for the program you want to install. Double-click on the setup files to start the installation process. The setup file will.
usually, be named “setup.exe” or “install.exe”. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the program.
4: A Flash Drive Might Work Too:
Another solution for this problem is the use of a USB thumb drive. You can copy the installer from a computer with a CD/DVD drive.
First, you must copy the files from the installer CD and paste them to a flash drive to start the process.
The next step is to plug in the flash drive to the laptop with no CD/DVD drive. Start the installation process by clicking on the installer file.
Are you a network engineer searching for the right computer for their work? If yes, find out the best laptop for network engineers from this article!
The installer files found on the software disk can be copied onto a flash drive using a laptop with a DVD drive.
It can then be transferred to a computer with no DVD drive; when the process is finished, just close the window and remove the USB thumb drive. This is how to install software on laptop without DVD drive.
5: Connecting A Laptop To A Wireless Network And Sharing A CD/DVD Drive
The following solution to load software without a CD drive is connecting the laptop using a wireless network and sharing a CD or DVD drive.
This is perhaps a little more time-consuming and hard-to-get method but still the most efficient one. To install the intended software, you have to utilize the shared drive. This step also works with older versions of the Windows OS.
Read the stepwise tutorial right below to load software without cd drive:
Step no 1: settings configuration to share the drive between two laptops.
- First, click on ‘My computer’ and look for the CD/DVD drive. Right-click on it, select the properties.
- A properties window will pop up. Look for the sharing tab, click on “advance sharing.”
- A new window will open, allowing you to select the drive you want to share. Don’t forget to assign a name for the drive, or it will be difficult to detect in the future.
- On the “permission” window, click on the check box.
- Click on “apply,” then click OK to close the window. Later, click on Ok to close the advanced sharing options.
- The process can vary a little among different operating system versions. All you need to do is navigate through the properties of the CD/DVD and then click on turn on the sharing feature.
Step no 2: set the sharing permissions.
- If you want to share your CD/DVD to another laptop without any difficulty, you must do so by turning on the permission settings of the “file sharing” and “folder sharing” on both laptops.
- Start the process by clicking on the search icon and then look for Network and Sharing Center in the search box.
- Click enter, after which you will be directed to the Windows Network and Sharing Panel.
- Here look for the sharing and discovery options.
- Toggle on the file and public folder sharing features. After these steps, you already have enabled the file and folder sharing option.
Step No 3: Install the laptop’s software with an existing CD/DVD drive.
- Insert the installer disk on the laptop with the CD/DVD drive.
- Proceed to the laptop that lacks the CD drive. There, click on the search bar and then input Network Settings.
- Click on the laptop’s name to enable the sharing features and install the intended software. Some cases require you to log into the first laptop.
- Double-tap on the folder where you have installed your program or software. Look for the installer file, marked by “setup.exe” or “Start.exe” or something similar.
- On the second laptop that has a CD or DVD drive, click on the installer file to start the installation process. You will be guided by an installation wizard towards the whole process.
- This marked the end of the process.
How to install antivirus software without a CD drive?
We can install antivirus software without a CD. USB drives can store antivirus programs. Run the software from a removable storage device after downloading it.
What do if the laptop has no CD drive?
You can install laptop software without a CD drive. Flash drives can be used. Use an external hard drive. Cloud storage is another option.
What do I do if my laptop doesn’t have a CD drive?
Get yourself an external DVD drive!
They are plug-and-play ready and also not expensive. All you have to do is to connect it to your system by a USB slot, hold on for the installer to complete, and here you go!
How to install an operating system on a laptop without a CD drive?
If you want to install the operating system on the laptop and you don’t have the CD drive. Then you can load it to the bootable USB. You must learn different methods to make the Ordinary Drive bootable and load the installed media. Such an approach is used in the replacement of CD drives.
There are plenty of ways to get install Software without a Cd Drive. You can download software online using an external CD drive, or by using an ISO file.
A flash drive might also work in a pinch. And if all else fails, you can always connect your laptop to a wireless network and share someone else’s CD/DVD drive. So don’t let not having a CD/DVD drive stop you from upgrading to the latest and greatest.
Now that we’ve answered the question “How To Install Software On A Laptop Without Cd Drive?”
Hey! This is Sahil Khan; I have been exploring laptops & technology for a couple of years. I share my tech-related expertise and personal experience with the audience. Whether it is about a system-related issue/ query, or having the right model on your table, what your budget allows you to have, my website covers all the facts perfectly!
I would love to connect with you all on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Don’t hesitate to reach me on social media for any sort of query or information.