The touch screen on the Toshiba Satellite laptop is an impressive feature that makes it easy to use. Its large display is easy to see, and the touch screen is responsive. It has a stylus that makes selecting items on the screen easy.
Toshiba’s Satellite laptops have a touch screen for touch-enabled apps. All models don’t have touch screens activated by default.
If your Satellite laptop’s touchscreen isn’t working, you can follow the steps for How to Enable Touch Screen on Toshiba Satellite Laptop
- Navigate to the Control Panel and click on ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Select ‘Device Manager’ under ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Expand ‘Human Interface Devices
- Select ‘Enable device’ after right-clicking ‘HID-compliant touch screen’
- Restart your laptop after closing Device Manager.
- It will now work.
If your screen is not enabling after following the above steps then there may be a need to clean you toshiba stellite keyboard. It may be possible keyboard not work because of sticky keys.
After cleaning the keyboard If you still have problems, update your laptop’s BIOS or touch screen drivers. See your owner’s manual or Toshiba’s support website for more information.
You can use a touch screen on your Toshiba Satellite laptop by following a few steps.
- Key Points for How to Enable Touch Screen on Toshiba Satellite Laptop
- Different Steps For How to Enable Touch Screen on Toshiba Satellite Laptop
- How to Fix if the Touch Screen When not Working on Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Key Points for How to Enable Touch Screen on Toshiba Satellite Laptop
- Right-click on an empty area of the desktop and select “Personalize.”
- Click on “Change mouse pointer settings” on the bottom left corner of the window that pops up.
- Click the “Touchscreen pointer” list under the “Pointers” tab in the list of pointers.
- Click on the “Settings” button and check off both boxes under “Display simulated finger taps as:”
- Save your changes by clicking OK, then close out all windows.
- To test it out, open any program or webpage and place two fingers side by side on the touchpad.
Different Steps For How to Enable Touch Screen on Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Check If Your Toshiba Satellite Laptop has a Touch Screen.
The Toshiba Satellite is a trendy laptop for several reasons. Its main selling point is its large, high-resolution display.
However, many users are unaware that the Satellite also offers a touch screen option. To check if your Satellite has a touch screen, simply look for the TouchPad icon in the upper-left corner of the screen. If it is present, then your laptop has a touch screen.
If you’re not sure how to activate it, consult your user manual or perform a web search for instructions.
Once you have a touch screen, you’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits that come with it, such as increased accuracy and enhanced navigation.
Update the Touch Screen Drivers
The touchscreen on your computer is important. It allows direct interaction with the OS and applications, making it essential for computer use. Touchscreens can malfunction like any other hardware.
Outdated touchscreen drivers can cause problems. To fix this, update your touch screen drivers. This is a simple, 5-minute process.
- First, download the latest touch screen drivers from your computer’s manufacturer.
- Install the drivers after downloading them.
- Finally, restart your computer and check the touchscreen.
Updating touch screen drivers can fix many common issues. By following these steps, your touchscreen will last for years.
Enable or Disable the Touch Screen in Windows 10
Windows 10’s touch screen lets you control your computer with your fingers. If you don’t have a mouse or trackpad, try this.
However, the touch screen can be disabled at times, such as when you’re using an external mouse or keyboard. Learn how to enable or disable touch screens in Windows 10.
- First, open the Start Menu and click on Settings.
- Then, click on Devices. In the Device Settings window, click on the “Touchpad” tab.
- Finally, toggle the “Enable Touchscreen” option to On or Off as desired.
Use an External Mouse and Keyboard.
Toshiba Satellite laptops have touch screens for easy computer interaction. You can Launch apps, scroll web pages, and type documents with a few taps.
Sometimes you may prefer an external mouse and keyboard. The touch screen on a Toshiba Satellite laptop is easy to enable. Connect a mouse and keyboard, then open Touch Screen Settings from the Start Menu. You can toggle the touch screen there.
You’ll always have the right input method, whether you’re typing a document or playing a game.
Change the settings in BIOS.
To change the BIOS settings on a Toshiba Satellite laptop to enable the touch screen,
- First, enter the BIOS menu by pressing the “F2” key when the Toshiba logo appears on the screen.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Touchpad” under “Advanced.”
- Using the arrow keys, change “Off” to “On,” then press “F10” to save and exit BIOS.
With these steps, you’ll soon be using a touchscreen laptop.
Connect a USB Touch Screen Monitor
If your Toshiba Satellite has a USB port, you can easily connect a touchscreen monitor and use it as your primary input device. Here’s how to do it:
- Let your laptop boot up after turning it on.
- Connect one end of a USB cable to the back of the touchscreen monitor.
- Afterward, connect the other end of the cable to an available USB port on your Toshiba Satellite.
- Wait a few moments for your laptop to detect the new hardware and install the necessary drivers.
After installation, use the touchscreen monitor like any other input device. To select items and perform other actions, tap or press the screen.
How to Fix if the Touch Screen When not Working on Toshiba Satellite Laptop
If your touch screen laptop isn’t working, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem.
- Start by checking the settings menu to ensure the touchscreen is turned on.
- If it is, then you may need to calibrate the screen.
- For this, open the Control Panel and select “Display.” From there, select “Calibrate” and follow the instructions on the screen.
If your touch screen still doesn’t work, check the drivers. Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers.
Restart your computer after installing new drivers to see if that fixes the issue. If not, you may need to have your laptop serviced.
Answers to your Rises Questions in your Mind. Read and Find the Solution
How to disable touch screen on my laptop?
- Start, then right-click Device Manager.
- Double-click “Human Interface Devices” to open your touchscreen’s properties.
- In “Properties,” click “Disable” under “Driver.”
- Confirm your choice. Click Yes disables the touchscreen.
The only way to enable it again is to follow the instructions above and click “Enable” instead of “Disable.”
How do I know my Toshiba laptop has a touch screen?
A. Look for a “T” symbol on the bezel of your laptop. This indicates that your Toshiba laptop has a touch screen.
B. You can also check the specifications of your laptop on the Toshiba website to see if it has a touch screen.
How calibrate the touch screen?
Start, then Control Panel.
Click Hardware and Sound, then Tablet PC Settings.
Click Screen calibration in Tablet PC settings.
Calibrate your touch screen using on-screen instructions.
The steps above should calibrate your touch screen.
Can I add a touch screen to any laptop?
No, you cannot add a touch screen to any laptop. Touch screens are only available on specific models of laptops.
All the steps mentioned in this article are easy to follow and will definitely help you in How to Enable Touch Screen on Toshiba Satellite Laptop. If you still face any difficulty following these steps, do not hesitate to ask us for help. We will assist you as soon as we can.