If you don’t know how to connect canon printer to laptop with USB cable, this article can be a very informative resource.
The printers have become a necessity of everyone’s life these days. There is a need for a good printer everywhere from offices to schools and colleges. The markets are filled with excellent printing machines, but no one is doing it like a canon.
After purchasing a top-class printer, the second task is to connect it with your laptop or computer. Once you know how to connect a canon wireless printer to a laptop,
you are good to go with all your printing documents, spreadsheets, financial Modelling tasks, or presentations.
Have you got a cracked or broken laptop screen, but don’t have enough money to buy a brand new laptop?
If yes, then you’d be surprised how affordable a laptop screen could be. Check out how much does it cost to repair a laptop screen here!
Steps To Connect A Canon Printer With A Laptop Via USB Cable:
You can connect your Canon printer with your laptop using a USB cable. The process is a no-brainer. After following the steps below, you will never forget how to connect a canon printer to a laptop with a USB cable.
- Step 1: start the process by turning off your Canon printer.
- Step 2 Next, take one end of the USB cable and insert it into the printer’s connection panel. Plug the other end of the USB cable into your laptop’s USB port.
- Step 3: You need to install your printer’s driver on your laptop. To open the browser on your laptop, go to Canon’s official website, and download the printer driver according to its model.
- Step 4: go to the start menu, click on the control panel.
- Step 5: Select the Hardware and Sound menu, then select Devices and Printers.
- Step 6: Click on add a printer, select the local printer option.
- Step 7: Now, choose the suitable printer port from the ports list.
- Step 8: select the canon printer, choose your printer model, click on next.
- Step 9: Select whether you want to share your printer or not, then click Next.
- Step 10: Finally, select the option to keep your Canon printer as the default printer and click the Finish button to conclude the process.
Are you a physics major? If you are, you must know the type of laptops that will suit your field the best. Check out the laptops for physics here.
How To Connect A Canon Printer To A Laptop Wirelessly?
Thought we would let you go with only a one-way solution? No folks, we will also share how to connect a canon printer to a laptop wireless. You can connect your laptop and printer wirelessly by using a Wi-Fi connection as well. The process is as easy as a piece of cake. But there are a few points that you must know beforehand.
Getting a WPS or a Wi-Fi-protected setup is possible when your model has the same facility. Ensure that the access point has a physical WPS button. Also, the network should use the WPA security protocol.
Since now you know the critical points to consider before connecting the two devices, let’s begin the process.
- Step 1: switch on the printer. Now press and hold on to the WIFI button located at the printer top. Continue pressing the button until a lamp flashes once.
- Step 2: The right next to the WIFI button will also start flashing blue. Once you see that, go to the access point. Press on the WPS button within two minutes.
The flashing of the two lamps, i.e., Wi-Fi and power, will stop immediately after the connection between your laptop and the printer is successful.
Here’s a Tip: Update your Printer Drivers.
If you wish to keep your Canon printer functioning properly when using Adobe Creative
Cloud or other softwares, make sure you always have the most recent and proper driver.
You may upgrade your printer driver manually or automatically. If your printer driver is
corrupted or out of the current, you may have a variety of inconvenient printing difficulties.
The Canon support website updates your printer driver automatically. If you prefer not to do
this, you can manually download the most current accurate driver from the Canon support
Before you install a driver, ensure it’s compatible with the version of Windows you’re using.
You can make use of Driver Easy’s automatic driver updating feature if you do not have the
time or computer skills necessary to update your printer’s driver.
Using Driver Easy, it can detect your system automatically and find the correct printer driver for your system based on your operating system version.
If your printer model is supported by Driver Easy, it will automatically download the driver from a database and install it automatically as well.
How do I connect my Canon printer to my laptop?
Suppose you are using the canon laptop and want to connect with the laptop. Then there are some default steps to follow. Follow the steps.
Select devices and printers from the control panel.
Select the printer and click next to install the printer features.
After the installation, click Finish to complete the setup.
Our guide on how to connect a canon printer to a laptop with a USB cable has reached its end. Apart from that, we have also shared a bonus solution for connecting laptops and printers wirelessly. Each method is easy and not a headache at all.
After reading this blog, you will master the art of connecting the two devices altogether.
Hey! This is Sahil Khan; I have been exploring laptops & technology for a couple of years. I share my tech-related expertise and personal experience with the audience. Whether it is about a system-related issue/ query, or having the right model on your table, what your budget allows you to have, my website covers all the facts perfectly!
I would love to connect with you all on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Don’t hesitate to reach me on social media for any sort of query or information.